Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Something a bit more fun

I love making scarves, cell phone cases, and other things to sell in my Etsy shop, but making gifts for people I know is even more fun. This week, I got to make a baby blanket for a good friend of mine who's expecting her first baby. It turned out really lovely, and so, so soft!


I had some yarn left over from the blanket, so I couldn't resist trying a hat and booties too. They're so adorable! I haven't made hats or booties since I was just a kid (I used to make them for my baby dolls) but I followed a pattern that I found online, and it was very easy. The photo doesn't do them justice (it was so dark and rainy yesterday it was hard to get a good shot) but all in all, I've very happy with the way these turned out. I hope my friend is too; now to mail them off to her!

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Blue is not usually a color I would go for, but that is a really pretty blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are just so pretty, i bet your friend will be delighted :) so tiny and sweet looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole set is really cute. I bet it was also really fun to make!

    ReplyDelete