Thursday, September 24, 2009

Felt Sew Good

When I stumbled across this lovely shop a few weeks ago, I probably spent 20 or 30 minutes Skyping links back and forth with my sister (we do this a lot) saying things like "oh, look at this one" and "ooh, I want this, too" and "and this one" and "Christmas is only 3 months away..." I admit that I tend to be partial to felt (you may notice this in my past and future posts) but even in the world of felted goodness, these beautiful items stand out!


Now that the time has come to write this blog post, I'm finding it difficult to choose which items to include. I love so many of them! So I've chosen just a few of my favorites from this shop, just because I don't want this post to go on forever (I really could go on practically forever, but I won't. I do have a few other things to do today). If you like what you see here then I really encourage you to check out the Felt Sew Good shop and take a little browse around.


Cheryl, the artist behind Felt Sew Good, uses mostly upcylced wool sweaters for her craft, so her products are not only beautiful, but are eco-friendly as well. Wool sweaters are felted, then cut apart and sewn into soft, durable accents for yourself and your home.


I just love the look of quality to her products, the patterns and color combinations that she chooses, and the soft, luxuriously comforting texture.


I can just imagine my little nephew with this stegosaurus! I think they would be instant best friends.


This bunny is actually made from upcycled cashmere sweaters. Cashmere! I can only imagine the soft, bunny-like silkiness.


And here are a few more bags that I just had to include.




You'll also find felt brooches and pillows in Cheryl's shop, along with lots more beautiful bags and toys. All of the above photos link directly to her corresponding shop pages, for quick-click convenience. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice bags! I can see why you had a difficult choosing which ones to picture.

    Ronalyn
    www.Mydesigncollectibles.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bunny!

    Alix
    http://paramipanda.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ever so much for your wonderful words about my work. How very kind of you to include me on your lovely blog! Cheers, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete