Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lovely Hand-Felted Critters

Well, I'm feeling a bit lazy this morning, so I'm just going to go straight to telling you about my favorite Etsy find for today. It's actually 3 separate hand-felted sculptures by Farmlass. Try as I might, I couldn't pick just one!

These little beauties are not only gorgeous, but are also just oh so sweet and soft looking; you just want to pick them up and pat their soft little noses! They obviously took a great deal of artistry and skill to create. I love how the artist seems to capture the essence of the animals in her creations; in their stances, the way they hold their heads, and their expressions; these are truly needle-felted sculptures, not simple playthings.

First up is Edward:
Edward measures 6" long by 5" tall and comes in a whimsical handmade linen gift bag. Who knew owls could be so beautiful?

Next is Ivan:
I always knew pigs were cute, but this little wild boar is truly adorable, and has such attitude! Ivan measures 4" tall by 6" long.

And last, but not certainly not least, Buttercup:
The very essence of a sweet, gentle dairy cow! Buttercup measures 4 1/2" tall and 6" long. I think she might be my favorite, but then I look at the others, and I'm not so sure! Leave a comment if you like and tell me your favorite. It would be so interesting to take a poll!

You can find these lovelies, along with many more of Farmlass's handmade creations, at http://farmlass.etsy.com. Or you can click an of the above photos.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

If you'd like for me to check out your shop, leave a comment with a link at the bottom of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a kind review of my sculptures...it's always inspiring to hear that someone can see the work and love which I put into my sculptures...plus they are really fun to watch emerge from a big ball of fluff! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my ~ i really like those / soft & sweet / a blend of whimsical and realistic / totally lovable, yeah :)

    ReplyDelete