Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simple "What's in the Fridge" Pasta

For me, cooking an actual meal is so rare, that when I do it, it's such an event that I have to blog about it. Today, it was this "what's in the fridge" pasta.


I boiled some pasta (they have this nice organic kind at Costco in yummy, chewy shapes) and thawed out a block of tofu that's been in my freezer since God knows when. Then I sauteed up the tofu with some fresh garlic, olive oil, and salt. For a change, I was careful not to burn the garlic or add too much salt. I had these 3 bell peppers (1 yellow, 1 orange, and 1 red) just withering away in my fridge (poor things) so I chopped those up and added them. Next, the remains of a bag of frozen spinach. When the peppers were almost done, I added the cooked pasta into the pot with the tofu and veggies, splashed in a bit more olive oil, stir-fried it all together for a bit, and voila, I have tasty, wholesome "real food" to eat for the next few days. It turned out super good!

1 comment: